Undergraduate Research Fellowship
The Undergraduate Research Fellowship (URF) is open to undergraduate students, particularly those in their 2nd year of their Bachelor's degree. The aim of the URF is to foster interest in advanced research in undergraduate students who may eventually consider undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Malaya leading to a career involving research and development. Undergraduate Research Fellows will work with an academic supervisor either independently or as a member of a research team. Undergraduate Research Fellows shall undertake research projects which are of the following types:
- Academic research project
- Industry-relevant research project
- Development of prototype
Application Procedure for Students
- Applicants must consult a potential supervisor in the relevant department/discipline in which they intend to undertake a project.
- Applicants who are interested in the fellowship but are not able to find any project supervisors are welcome to submit the application form. The committee will suggest suitable supervisor upon successful application.
- Completed application forms should be submitted to the respective Coordinator of the Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya.
Application Form and Guidelines
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship Application Form
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship Student Guidelines
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship Guideline for Supervisor
For more information on URF, please contact:
Dr. Effariza Binti Hanafi
Phone no: +60379674456