The Integrated Design Project (IDP) course is senior-level project design courses that require students to use all their engineering knowledge to solve a real-world engineering problem or develop a viable product with consideration of sustainability and social factor.
In the end of the Integrated Design Project, students are able to:
- Conceptualize design solution of an engineering design to a defined end state.
- Perform technical investigation and analysis of the proposed design.
- Implement project management and/or economic feasibility study of the proposed design solution.
- Apply ethical principles, standards and professional engineering code of ethics.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a team member or a leader.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities through reports and presentations.
- Evaluate the sustainability impact on the design solution.
The guideline and manual for IDP can be found at IDP guideline.
The group registration form for IDP can be found at IDP Group Registration Form.
Project Title List
- The list of lecturer and theme for IDP in 2020/21 session can be found at IDP lecturer and theme list (2020/21)
- The list of titles for IDP in 2019/20 session can be found at IDP title list (2019/20).
Title Registration FormThe title registration form for IDP can be found at here.
A lab dedicated for IDP is Design Lab. It is located at Level 1, Block Y, Department of Electrical Engineering building.
For more information on IDP, please contact:
Dr. Mohamadariff Bin Othman
Phone no: +603-79677622
Dr. Mohd Faiz Mohd Salleh
IDP Committee Member
Phone no: +603-79675255